Buy tickets here.
Welcome to The Flint and Steel Forest School Overnight Campout!
We are located at the top of the Family Camping Field which is approximately a ten-minute walk to The Park stage and the main house. Your kids won’t believe how quickly time will fly by as they learn how to make a shelter that they’re able to sleep in, make new festival friends, learn the basics of making a campfire and eat a campfire dinner. For the parents/carers, we are delighted to be offer you the chance for dinner out, a night-off parenting, and (for some of you?!) an undisturbed sleep-in till ooh….8.30am?!
What you need to know:
- Bookable sessions:
17:00 Friday 28th July – 9:00 Saturday 29th July
17:00 Saturday 29th July – 9:00 Sunday 30th July.
- You may book your child(ren) in for a Campout experience if they are aged between 9 and 12 years old on the 27th – 30th July 2017.
- Campout experience = £30 per child.
- You are only allowed to book your child(ren) for Friday OR Saturday night, NOT both nights.
- Bookings taken on a first come first serve basis: online bookings will close when all sessions have been booked.
- The Campout is run by qualified and experienced staff, Flint and Steel Forest School has public liability insurance and has a social enterprise ethos.
- Paediatric First Aid staff are working on all shifts
- Please read Terms and Conditions before booking.
How to book your sessions(s):
- Please read The Campout Terms and Conditions 2017.
- Book your sessions through the ticket booking site – a link will appear on this page on Wednesday 10th May
- Follow the link in your booking confirmation email to fill in The Campout Online Check in.
- Come along at 4.40pm on the evening that your child(ren) is booked in to The Campout with the sign-in sheet printed out (available from the link in your booking email).
- Please email any questions to Tessa at: [email protected]
When you get to the festival:
We are open in the day-time operating The Woodland Creche. Feel free to find our entrance gate at the top of the Family Camping field so you know how to find us for drop off on the evening of your child(s) session.
We strongly recommend that the same parent drops their child at The Campout and picks their child up.
Please note that the Child Sign-In form must be signed before we can accept the child into the campout. Please read the terms and conditions before booking your child(s) place through the ticket sellers.
We look forward to meeting you soon!
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Below is the essential information you need to know to ensure your child (and you) have an enjoyable, safe night out under the stars.
The parent/carer agrees to provide the following kit list to ensure the safety and wellbeing of their child:
High Quality sleeping bag
Own drinking water bottle. (1 litre). (Labelled)
Any medication/inhalers etc. (labelled and in a water-tight bag/container)
Own bowl, plate, mug, spoon, knife and fork (please label with permanent marker/other)
Wet weather gear: waterproof trousers and jacket if rain is forecast. Jacket only if not.
Change of clothes
Plastic bags (for dirty or wet dishes/clothes)
Rucksack to hold most items
Toothbrush and paste
Sanitary towels if required
Please note, we will be checking your child’s kit with you when we first meet you at the Woodland Campout site. If items above marked in bold are not packed then we reserve the right to refuse your child their place at the camp.
The parent/carer agrees to the following:
- Provide the kit listed above for their child.
- Arrive at the Woodland Campout entrance at 5pm on the evening your child is booked in for the campout.
- Be ready to collect your child at 9am the following morning at the entrance of the Woodland Campout.
- Inform the Campout staff if your child has taken any medicine taken within the last 24 hours.
- The same parent/carer should drop the child off and pick up the following morning.
- If the signing parent/carer is more than 15 minutes late we will phone that person. If he/she has not returned after 30 minutes we will then inform the Lost Children department of the festival that we have an uncollected child and the child would be walked to the Lost Children tent.
- We reserve the right to refuse admission to any child that appears to be unwell at the beginning of a session.
The Campout Staff agree to:
- Care for the child during the contracted hours.
- Comply with best practice and the requirements
- Hold appropriate insurance cover, including public liability insurance.
- Notify the parent/carer as soon as reasonably possible of any accident or injury occurring whilst the child is in the care of the Campout Staff.
- Inform the parent/carer after a reasonable period if their child is not settling in. The parent would then be asked to collect that child if he/she continued to not settle into the environment. In this event there would be no refund on that session.
- Make contact with the signing parent/carer as soon as possible in the event of any emergency. We have radio contact with all the on-site emergency services.
- Ensure that all children are treated equally and fairly at all times and nobody will be isolated or humiliated.
- Ensure that all staff will have appropriate experience in childcare and that those having unsupervised access to children will be DBS checked.
- Ensure that, at all times, an appropriate number of staff on duty have completed a 12-hour paediatric First Aid course.
- In the unlikely event a child does go missing, we will immediately contact the on-site security by radio and alert the signing in parent/carer. Members of our staff would start an immediate search for the missing child, taking into account that adequate supervision of the remaining children must be maintained.
- Practice and maintain good standards of hygiene at all times throughout the Woodland Campout.
- Provide your child with dinner, warm drinks and breakfast. Though these will not contain nuts, we cannot guarantee that they were made in a nut-free environment.