Buy tickets here
Welcome to The Woodland Creche!
We are located at the top of the Family Camping Field which is approximately a ten-minute walk to The Park stage and the main house. When you’ve said goodbye to your child(ren) skip off down the hill and enjoy the festival whilst your child enjoys exploring their new woodland haven.
The Woodland Creche is a secure space away from the crowd where your child can:
- Explore and enjoy free-play amongst the trees whilst making new friends.
- Enjoy singing, dancing and percussion instruments.
- Create mud pies and new delights in the Mud Kitchen.
- Read, enjoy stories and chill out in the cosy corner.
- Craft special art inspired by the festival surroundings.
What you need to know:
- Welcome session: Thursday 27th July 1.30pm – 3pm. All welcome for settling in, meeting the Creche staff, exploring and questions!
- Bookable sessions:
Friday 28th July: 10am – 12.30pm, 1.30pm – 4pm
Saturday 29th July: 10am – 12.30pm, 1.30pm – 4pm
Sunday 30th July: 10am – 12.30pm
- You may book your child(ren) in to a session if they are aged between 3 and 8 years old on the 27th – 30th July 2017.
- Sessions = £25 per child.
- Only one session per child on each day is allowed
- Bookings taken on a first come first serve basis: online bookings will close when all sessions have been booked.
- The Woodland Creche is run by qualified and experienced staff, has public liability insurance and has a social enterprise ethos.
- Paediatric First Aid staff are working on all shifts
- Please read Terms and Conditions before booking.
How to book your sessions(s):
- Please read The Woodland Creche Terms and Conditions 2017.
- Book your sessions through the ticket booking site (link available on this page from 10th May)
- Follow the link in your booking confirmation email to fill in the Creche Online Check in.
- Come along 15 minutes before your session with the sign-in sheet printed out (available from the link in your booking email).
- Please email any questions to Tessa at: [email protected]
When you get to the festival:
We are open on Thursday 27th July between 1.30 and 3pm for you to meet the staff and explore the space with your child (children cannot be left during these hours). Please note this is for you to familiarise yourself with our space (so you don’t lose valuable creche-time looking for us on the day you’ve booked your child in!) and ask any questions.
We strongly recommend that the same parent drops their child at the creche and picks their child up.
Please note that the Child Sign-In form must be signed before we can accept the child into the creche. Please read the terms and conditions before booking your child(s) place through the ticket sellers.
We look forward to meeting you soon!
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Below is the essential information you need to know to ensure your child (and you) have an enjoyable time apart from each other.
The parent/carer agrees to provide the following in a bag clearly labelled with your child’s name on it to ensure the safety and wellbeing of their child:
Change of clothes
Own drinking water bottle. (labelled with name)
Any medication/inhalers etc. (labelled with name and in a water-tight bag/container)
Outdoor clothes suitable for all British summer weather: sun hat, warm layers (we are in a shady area), waterproofs.
Nappies (if necessary) and wet wipes.
Sun Cream ALREADY applied.
Please note, we will be checking your child’s kit bag with you when we first meet you at the Woodland Creche site. If items above are not packed then we reserve the right to refuse your child their place at the Creche.
The parent/carer agrees to the following:
- Provide the kit listed above for their child.
- Arrive at the Woodland Creche entrance on time for your booked session.
- Be ready to collect your child 2 and a half hours later at the entrance of the Woodland Creche.
- Inform the Campout staff if your child has taken any medicine taken within the last 24 hours.
- The same parent/carer (ideally) should drop the child off and pick up your child.
- If the parent/carer is more than 15 minutes late we will phone that person. If he/she has not returned after 30 minutes we will then inform the Lost Children department of the festival that we have an uncollected child and the child would be walked to the Lost Children tent.
- We reserve the right to refuse admission to any child that appears to be unwell at the beginning of a session.
- Ensure that the child arrives at the Crèche with a clean nappy (if appropriate) and that the child has eaten breakfast or lunch, depending on the time of the booked session.
- Not to book your child(ren) in for more than one Creche session per day.
The Creche Staff agree to:
- Care for the child during the contracted hours.
- Comply with best practice for childcare and always stay within recommended safe ratios of carer to child .
- Hold appropriate insurance cover, including public liability insurance.
- Notify the parent/carer as soon as reasonably possible of any accident or injury occurring whilst the child is in the care of the Creche Staff.
- Inform the parent/carer after a reasonable period if their child is not settling in. The parent would then be asked to collect that child if he/she continued to not settle into the environment. In this event, there would be no refund on that session.
- Make contact with the signing parent/carer as soon as possible in the event of any emergency. We have radio contact with all the on-site emergency services.
- Ensure that all children are treated equally and fairly at all times and nobody will be isolated or humiliated.
- Ensure that all staff will have appropriate experience in childcare and that those having unsupervised access to children will be DBS checked.
- Ensure that, at all times, an appropriate number of staff on duty have completed a 12-hour paediatric First Aid course.
- In the unlikely event a child does go missing, we will immediately contact the on-site security by radio and alert the signing in parent/carer. Members of our staff would start an immediate search for the missing child, taking into account that adequate supervision of the remaining children must be maintained.
- Practice and maintain good standards of hygiene at all times throughout the Woodland Creche.
- Provide your child with a snack and a drink. Though these will not contain nuts, we cannot guarantee that they were made in a nut-free environment.
Behaviour: We will talk to the children about using kind hands and kind words and will deal with any challenging or negative behaviour in a positive way. Your child will be pre-assigned a key worker based on their age prior to their arrival. Children showing signs of behavioural issues will be diverted where possible with a positive approach to this negativity but if this behaviour becomes destructive to themselves or others around them, we will contact the parent/carer and ask them to remove the child. We are not able to offer refunds, so please consider carefully what time and day you are booking your child in for.
Thank you for reading and we look forward to seeing you in the Woodland Creche soon.