We’re giving away an amazing bundle of presents to one lucky 2019 ticketbuyer. The prize includes the top three most popular Idler online courses worth £42 each – How to Meditate, A Brief Introduction to Anarchism and A History of London – and a stack of eight excellent books from our 2018 authors, including Some Fantastic Place by Chris Difford and Deeds Not Words by Helen Pankhurst, a signed copy of Tom Hodgkinson‘s best seller How To Be Idle, a bottle of Dead Man’s Fingers rum and the new albums from Audiobooks, Boy Azooga and Amber Arcades.
To enter, make sure you’ve bought your festival tickets by midnight on the 18th December. We’ll draw a winner from everyone who has bought a ticket so far and post the gifts in time for Christmas – meaning if you’re our winner, you’ll have all your shopping done in one fell swoop.
🔸 Three of The Idler Academy’s most popular online courses worth £42 each.
- How to Meditate: a brilliant meditation course with world-renowned spiritual teacher Sister Jayanti who teaches Raja yoga, an ancient yogic practice designed to be incorporated into everyday life.
- A Brief Introduction to Anarchism: Tom Hodgkinson explains that anarchism is not is not a synonym for violence and disorder but a sophisticated political and personal approach to everyday life with its roots in the Cynic philosophers.
- A History of London, from 1390-1960 with Dr Matthew Green: an historical joyride through 800 years of London’s history.
🔸 A stack of excellent books from this year’s festival, including:
- Write to the Point by Sam Leith
- A Manual for Heartache by Cathy Rentzenbrink
- The Secret Books by Marcel Theroux
- 21st Century Yokel by Tom Cox
- Some Fantastic Place by Chris Difford
- Deeds Not Words by Helen Pankhurst
- The Mysterium by David Bramwell and Jo Keeling
- Swansong by Kerry Andrew
🔸 A signed copy of Tom Hodgkinson’s best seller How To Be Idle.
🔸 A bottle of Dead Man’s Fingers Rum
🔸 The new albums from Audiobooks, Boy Azooga and Amber Arcades, all of whom have played at Port Eliot on the Caught by the River stage.
Closing date is midnight on 18th December. Entrants must be 18 or over. The winner will be chosen using a random number generator.